IELTS - REWRITE - Public libraries should not provide books only

ltw 2 / 2  
Topic:The main purpose of public libraries should be to provide books. Public libraries should not spend their limited resources on computer software, videos or DVDs. To what extent do you agree or d

Today, Public libraries have been able to provide a wide range of modern resources such as computer software, videos or DVDs. Some people think that the traditional function that libraries used to have has been greatly neglected because of this and the main purpose of a library should still be providing books. From my perspective, I do not agree their views.

Firstly, I would like to point out that, the function of a library should not be restricted to providing books only, but to providing all kinds of learning materials. A good library is somewhere people can acquire advanced knowledge effectively, regardless whether they are reading a book, or they are watching a video. Therefore, it is essential that a library can provide advanced and convenient resources to public, which helps individuals to acquire different knowledge quicker and easier. Meanwhile, from a library's perspective, the maintenance of modern materials such as online books or software is much simpler than that of a numerous books. A library can also save more space of bookshelves for the public to use.

Nevertheless, some people believe that this trend is making a library a totally different place. Individuals are no longer reading books and sitting before the table quietly. Instead, they are watching videos on Youtube, chatting online or even playing games. It is a fact that these amusements may attract people's attention. However, I believe that nowadays many libraries have already made proper rules and regulations to reduce such actions. For Instance, quiet areas have been made available in many libraries while people can also get relaxed and use the Internet freely in a computer lab.

Overall, I do not think libraries should be restricted by providing books only. There is no doubt that traditional books are crucial in one's life, but this does not mean that books are the only resource that people can find in a library.

Cheers
Slim shady 12 / 27  
introduction, paragraphs and conclusion should be related to each other. esp. intro. and cocl.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
U should clearly mention your opinion and it would be better to write the reasons of your opinion (agree or disagree).

I would like to point out that,

U do not need to open the paragraph with this statement. In the introduction u stated your opinion and the reader can find out the body is in basis of your idea. Start the paragraph with an attractive and clear topic sentence.

regardless

regardless of ...

can provide advanced and convenient resources to public, which helps individuals

The verb "help" refers to "resources" which is a plural word, so u need to use the verb without the third person "s"

However, I believe that nowadays many libraries have already made proper rules and regulations to reduce such actions

Why do you think that they should do that?? Why do you think that such activities are negative and should be decreased? Explain your opinion apparently and support it.

Regards
Ahmad
deepakbaniya 3 / 92 2  
I made mistake in my last post; correction is ;

Firstly, I would like to point out that, the function of a library should not be restricted to providing books only, but to providingreplenish

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - REWRITE - Public libraries should not provide books only