Schools should encourage instead of forcing student to learn a foreign language

cderfly 1 / -  

foreign language study at schools

There is common belief that forcing students to study a foreign language should not take place in schools. Although there are many advantages of learning a new language, I believe that children should not be forced to learn a foreign language.

There are two main reason why studying another language have enormous benefits. The first reason is that children can overcome the barrier of language when they study something or they plan to become an oversea student. For example, when children prepare a lesson prior to class, they have to cover a lot of grounds which are usually written by English. Therefore, students who have good English will gain advantages. Furthermore, if children manage to good one foreign language, they will gain a competitive edge in job market in the future. For instance, these days, employers usually require candidates to fluently use a foreign language such as English or Mandarin.

Despite of these advantages I expressed above, I believe that students should not be forced to learn a foreign language at school. The best way to teach language is that teachers should encourage student to learn language. Teachers should tailor their teaching styles in order to the transmission of knowledge be more lively and effective for example, playing videos or organizing game relate to a foreign language. In addition, schools should make students to understand the important of language in their future life, which will give children motivation to study by themselves. For instance, schools should provide students with workshops relating to the important of language in their career, which will help student to see a big picture of the advantages of studying a foreign language.

In conclusion, although learning a new language have significant advantages, I strongly believe that schools should encourage instead of forcing student to learn a foreign language.
damreyyyyy - / 1  
organizing games that are related
to the importance of
a bigger picture

The conclusion you have written is just mainly copied from the question. Instead, you could write like "... have significant benefits, I strongly believe that learning foreign language should not be a compulsory subject at school and let the children freely learn them at their own pace."
I am unable to review your essay for content responsiveness, coherence, and cohesiveness due to the lack of the original prompt statement. It will be difficult for me to give you content advice when it might be wrong as I do not know the instruction parameters. Kindly provide the prompt for your next essay. In the meantime, here is a general grammar review of your work.

You have to limit your work to no more than 290 words, regardless of whether you are taking the pencil or cbt test. Do not focus solely on the number of words you are writing. Make sure instead, that your essay adheres to all the scoring guidelines. That means, you need to allot at least 10 minutes for the review and editing of your work. Something you cannot accomplish if you persist on writing 300++ words for your essay. You will simply run out time to do so.

Grammar accuracy is important in this test. That means you will get a higher score if you limit your grammar range errors. In this essay, you neglected to use a comma even though a conjunction existed in the sentence;

... when they study something , or they plan... ( I added the comma in the presentation).

You should not use comparative forms either if you do not know how to structure the sentence:

more lively and effective = livelier and more effective

You have a problem with the plurality of words. When you say "two main", that connotes a plural form. So the next word, reason, should be in plural form as well (reasons). This will turn the sentence into a formal presentation as opposed to the current: ... two main reason why. There is no need to include "why" in the presentation. It creates a pidgin English presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Schools should encourage instead of forcing student to learn a foreign language