Science of food in school and ways to prepare it, or more significant subjects?

minhvipham0807 1 / -  

study food at school

While some believe that it's important to teach students biology aspect of food and cooking skills, others think school time should be spent covering more significant subjects. I strongly agree with the former for many substantial reasons.

To begin with, preparing meals for oneself is a crucial adult skill because it allows them to live seperately from their parent support. As a result, it offers people more freedom in choosing appropriate jobs regardless of distance and cultural issues. For examples, those who cannot cook usually accept career options in their locals because they are constantly in need of prepared meals from their family. When they are, unfortunately, assigned to work in other countries, they will definitely have a hard time adjusting eating habits because the difference in foreign food cuisine. Moreover, the extra-budget that self-prepare food save for oneself can effectively contribute to their total income, preventing junior workers from overspending and borrowing money from their parents.

In addition, when people are taught about the importance of healthy food and cooking recipes, they prefer making their own meals to fastfood. This helps them avoid taking in too much sugar, fat and cholesterol from junkfoods, which are all major risk factors for many future chronic diseases. In some asian cultures, children are induced by their family to add more vegetables to their meal to reduce and balance out the intake calories. This early age-developed healthy eating habits has resulted in the low obesity rates in these countries in comparison with America, where junkfood is a big part of a child's dietary.

In conclusion, it is should be mandatory for students to learn about food science and cooking methods at school due to the wide range of advantages it offers. High schools around the world can figure out ways to attach cooking classes to students' curriculum and encourage them to prepare food with high-quality and healthy ingredients.
The expectation for the paragraphs is that the writer should present at least 3 sentences in it, specially in the replacement + personal opinion section. That is because every sentence is expected to represent 1 idea each. While the first paragraph presentation is acceptable, it does not meet the sentence format requirementso the task score will he limited for that section.The lack of opinion thesis topics after the opinion response also added to the deductions for this section.

There isa lack of public opinion discussion in the presentation. The required GRA presentations are not seen in the overall discussion. These missing elements indicates that the writer wrote from a personal opinion viewpoint alone. Rather than being scored based on 3 discussion related scoring criteria, the presentation will be scored based on only 1. It may not be enough to receive a passing score since not all the discussions presented are relevant to the original topic. The writer wrote selectively instead of addressing all of the prompt topics.

Home / Writing Feedback / Science of food in school and ways to prepare it, or more significant subjects?