Task 2: Several laborers are struggling to achieve the work-life balance

Iloveielts 8 / 16 1  

Many people find it hard to balance their work with other parts of their lives.

What are the reasons for this? How can this problem be overcome?

It is observed that several laborers are struggling to achieve the work-life balance. The high volume of work as well as the promotion of materialism could be contributing factors to this phenomenon. However, it can be tackled by such measures as the enactment of laws and shrewder financial plans.

To commence with, the aforementioned problem can be attributed to two reasons. One of them is the increasing number of tasks in the workplace. Since employees, in this day and age, tend to assume a heavy workload, it appears necessary to work overtime to accomplish the assigned duty, which, in the process, culminates in their reduction of time allocated into other activities. Another explanation is people pursuing materialism. To be more specific, many individuals are intrinsically inclined to acquire more material possession as a way to stay on equal footing to their friends or colleagues, resulting in their forgoing time to work harder to accumulate wealth.

Nonetheless, the issue could be mitigated by some viable solutions. A key of them is that national governing bodies introduce laws regulating the frequency of working overtime in every firm. For instance, any business extending their operating time over the limited days in a week have to pay the monetary fine. Additionally, each individual should build up their own shrewder financial plan. As a plethora of laborers opt for working overtime to earn a fortune due to the shortage of money, a detailed list of expenses appears efficacious now that it helps workers manage their expenditure suitably, reducing their demand to work extended hours.

In conclusion, the growing demands in workplace and materialistic pursuits could be the genuine cataclysms to the misbalance between work and other life aspects. However, the issue could be resolved by the laws introduced by the government coupled with personal suitable plan of spending.
The essay is heavily reliant on word and phrase fillers to meet the word count. These are what made the essay go over 300 words without actually adding any context to the presentation, thus not being useful in increasing the possible scoring considerations for the essay. Avoiding the use of these fillers and replacing these with actual connecting words, phrases, and transitions sentences would help the writer improve his writing style.

Unfamiliarity with English descriptive words has resulted in incorrect word usage for the writer. The word "laborer" cannot be used to replace the word "people". A laborer is sometimes used to refer to all workers in general. However, it is profession specific as it relates to a person engaged in work that requires bodily strength rather than skill or training. So this is not the correct synonym for "people". The same general reference indicator should be used. It should not alter the specific reference from the original prompt.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2: Several laborers are struggling to achieve the work-life balance