Sharing data of paramount importance from scientific research

binhnguyen 1 / -  

Some people believe that it is good to share as much information as possible in scientific research

In the contemporary era, the development in academic fields paves the way for more people seeking information about scientific research, business and so on. Whilst some of them contend that sharing as much information as possible is beneficial, others firmly believe that some information is too crucial to be shared freely. This essay will delve into both viewpoints and state my perspective.

On one hand, the merits of exchanging information are undeniable. To begin with, this can provide citizens with deeper insights into different realms. For example, should scientific research regarding the extinction of the Dodo be circulated among worldwide citizens, more people will be aware of it and better actions can be taken. As a result, the pressing issue about endangered species can be alleviated. Secondly, this practice can benefit individuals as regards study and work. To be more specific, more sources of official and valid information available align with students finding their projects or coursework less demanding. Hence, their performance at school can be improved, thereby having better job prospects.

On the other hand, data of paramount importance should not be shared freely. First, the incidence of copyright infringement or plagiarism can rise if more information is free. To explain, the advent of technology entitles people to share and save numerous posts, captions and documents. For instance, that a student copies the whole paragraph or essay from a Facebook post without allowance is plagiarism. Consequently, this can beget the loss of gray matter. Furthermore, critical data can result in controversy. The revelation of confidential information or contentious research results can bemuse citizens, as well as causing conflicts among them. A prime example of this is the Milgram experiment, which disclosed people's willingness to obey authority figures even when causing harm to others. This research then came in for a lot of criticism and was labeled as one of the most contentious experiments.

In conclusion, whilst sharing academic information without charge can benefit individuals and society in terms of study, work and societal issues, it can give rise to copyright infringement and controversy. Therefore, I am resolute that more data should be made available for everyone except for those of momentous significance.
The essay is too long. You cannot write almost 400 words during the actual test, within 40 minutes. You should stay within the advised 300 word count to ensure the lack of technical deductions in your written presentation. As it is, you have not properly provided the task accuracy considerations at the start of this essay. In fact, you did not properly discuss the single opinion presentation. You created your own discussion instructions rather than following the provided writing guide. Therefore, the examiner will have no choice but to give you a failing score. Your work clearly shows that you did not understand the provided writing instructions and as such, you are not prepared to attend and English speaking institutuion, you will not understand the class discussion and instructions.

Home / Writing Feedback / Sharing data of paramount importance from scientific research