⚠ A Contributor has already posted here! For more answers, please re-open and Urgent this thread!

The shortage of housing in big cities can cause severe consequences, and only government action

Hazard /  
IELTS task 2:
The shortage of housing in big cities can cause severe consequences, and only government action can solve the problem
.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

There is an ongoing debate whether the national authorities are the only option to solve the shortage of housing in cities whereas this role could be done by private companies. While I acknowledge the good customer service of these housing companies bring for individuals, I absolutely agree with the notion due to the important role of government in providing affordable and reliable housing for people.

On the one hand, housing companies could play a crucial role in solving housing issue, which may cause severe consequences in big cities. These companies could provide people with good customer housing service as the existence of these private companies rely on customer satisfaction. Thus, the service of the houses, which were built by these companies, may be better, such as more spacious living place, have security personnel and parking lot. Moreover, residents of such house could easier to lodge their complaint if the companies did not provide them service in contract due to the credibility of these private companies, which is the vital element for their existence, may be tarnished.

As the quality also come with price, thus the housing price of these companies can be unaffordable for the low-income people. Therefore, the national authorities still play an important role in providing houses for general people. The government houses are cheaper due to the fact that it was subside by the authorities as the result, make it available for underprivileged people. For example: In communist countries like VietNam house price was subside 10% for the low-income people. Furthermore, the reliability of governmental house is trustworthy as these houses are under the administration of the national authorities. As the result, these houses are protected by the government and people may secure when buying these houses

In conclusion, despite the good customer service that the private housing companies can provide for people, nothing could replace the authorities' role in solving housing problems as they could provide houses for a general people. However, it is ideal to provide houses, made by government and housing companies, as people can have more options to choose an appropriate house

Thank you
this role could be done by private companies

You are making an assumption in the prompt restatement that is not cited in the original presentation. As such, this has led to a misleading restatement, that has affected the efficiency of your paraphrasing. You will receive a score markdown for including information that cannot be supported by the original statement. If this is a personal opinion, then you should include it in the writer's opinion section instead.

The overall discussion does not run along the lines of discussion as provided by the original prompt either. That is because the essay continues to discuss private company participation, where none was referred to before. As such, this essay will be scored as having an unrelated response and will not receive a passing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / The shortage of housing in big cities can cause severe consequences, and only government action