IELTS - Should students be encourge to evaluate or even criticize their teachers?

AlexChow 3 / 7  
Guys~please have a look into my essay~ corrections are very appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people think that we should encourage students to evaluate or even criticize their teachers, while others claim that this practice will disrupt the order in classroom and lead to disrespect for teachers. What is your opinion?

Some people prefer students to be obedient individuals in classrooms other than critical ones. From my perspective, the benefits of allowing students to evaluate teachers outweigh the drawbacks.

As far as I am concerned, communication and discussion are the most effective means of teaching knowledge and sparking brainstorms. By encouraging students to make comments or even criticize their teachers, a discussing atmosphere will be created enabling teachers and students to express thoughts with regards to each other and discussing issues in the classroom as well as related solutions. As a result of that, both sides can learn valuable suggestions about themselves and will eventually boost the study outcomes. In addition, students' evaluations on teachers are precious references in terms of maintaining and optimizing teaching quality of faculties. If a teacher is given predominately negative reviews by students, then it is not a bad idea to launch a performance review against him/her as students are the most important stakeholders in a education system.

On the other hand, some groups concern about the order in classrooms will be affected if teachers are under criticism. In this regard, we need to clarify the difference between criticizing and trouble making. If a student makes comments due to unsatisfactory explanation of a formula, it is called criticism. On the contrary, if criticism has nothing to do with teaching itself but clothes teachers wear or the way they walk, then student should be banned to do that as it is considered as disrespectful. I believe a qualified educational professional ought to know how to accept reasonable criticism and cope with students' improper behaviors, therefore accepting students' criticisms will not do any harm to faculties.

In a nutshell, I hold that criticisms by students on teachers are beneficial to the maintenance of teaching quality while the drawbacks are not worthy mentioning.
jasmine4ever 5 / 13 1  
Great job! Overall I think this was good and thoughtful. But!....

I think you can provide examples from the outside world or your own experiences and incorporate them into your essay. Besides examples, I also think you should write a bit more for your introduction, have some background info. Your thesis was pretty good though.

Other errors:

If a student makes comments due to unsatisfactory explanation of a formula, it is called criticism.

Replace comma with semi colon.

I believe a qualified educational professional ought to know

Change professional to professor.

review against him/her as students

Try to best not use slashes, it just looks more professional if you don't.

I hope this helped.

By the way, what kind of essay is this?
OP AlexChow 3 / 7  
Thank you for your correction Jasmine!

This is a language test essay called IELTS.

I only wrote 2 sentences for the introduction as was recommended by a former IELTS examiner to do so.

How about my grammars? I am so concerned about them, is there any other mistake you can point out for me~?
Some people prefer students to be obedientindividuals in classrooms other than critical ones .

Some believe that students should be obedient and respectful towards their teachers while others feel that it not wrong for the students to criticize their teachers on proper grounds.

By encouraging students to make comments or even criticize their teachers, a discussing atmosphere will be created enabling teachers and students to express thoughts with regards to each other and discussing issues in the classroom as well as related solutions.

.... this sentence is too long and you are getting distracted at the end because of its length. Try to shorten the sentence and keep one idea to one sentence. The most important things are the clarity and flow of ideas. That gets disturbed when the sentences are too long. Also the reader has to keep many things in his memory and that makes him bored

I think you can provide examples from the outside world or your own experiences and incorporate them into your essay.

I agree with jasmine... you should provide more specific examples to support your opinion and it is a very important feature of this task

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - Should students be encourge to evaluate or even criticize their teachers?