IELTS TASK 2 - STUDYING ABROAD

tranggggg 1 / -  
Question: These days more and more people are going to other countries for a significant period of time either to find a job or study. There are clearly many benefits to doing this, but people who live abroad can also face some difficulties.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living and working in a foreign country. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Nowadays, studying abroad can be considered a trend among young generation. Some may find this extremely amusing, while some find it tough. This essay will elaborate on the benefits and drawbacks of living in a foreign country through various aspects.

International students, on the one hand, face countless challenges regarding adaptive skills. In fact, they have to cope with rapid changes in climate, cuisine, and culture, which may hamper their actual learning process. For example, Vietnamese students, transferring to cold-climate countries such as Finland, are likely to catch a cold as a result of harsh conditions.

On the other hand, there are numerous reasons to make studying abroad worth its value. As accumulating knowledge, students have the chance to get access to multifaceted issues and develop critical thinking skills. Each country, indeed, has different ways of living, which results in different solutions to a specific problem. This, consequently, contributes to debatable puzzles, and requires people to approach novel reasonings. Secondly, this may counts as an obstacle, but studying far from home strengthens an individual's independence. That is to say, students no longer receive direct support, both materially and mentally, from their families, that they have to progress their maturity to thrive in such rough situation.

In conclusion, although going to other countries for long-term work or learning has some disadvantages such as quick adaptation requirement, the positives including many new apprehension and growing personally are more noticeable.
studying abroad

You forgot to mention working abroad as well. It is important not to miss out on reference points from the original presentation so that you will not receive task accuracy deductions.

This essay will elaborate

You should have outlined the advantage and disadvantage topic you were going to discuss instead. Although it is kind of you to repeat the writing instructions, points are only awarded in the writer's opinion section once you specify the topics that you will be presenting in the actual discussion. A short summary would have increased your early TA score in this case.

You should not have focused on international study experiences in the essay. Keeping the discussion general, in reference to both working and studying would have been the best approach since you would have been able to create a deeper understanding of the situation, as it applies to both sectors, in the eyes of the reader.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 - STUDYING ABROAD