Sugar-based drinks are more popular in many countries. What is it caused by?

kaililam260 1 / -  

People are having more and more sugar-based drinks. What are the reasons?

It is true that sugar-based drinks are more popular in many countries. There could be several reasons why this is the case, and I believe that it will have some solutions to make people drink less.

There are several reasons why sugary drink consumption is on the rise. Firstly, people are exposed to more advertising for sugary drinks than in the past. Celebrities appear in advertisements to encourage people, especially youngsters to buy these beverages. For example, Coca-Cola, a famous soft drink company in the world, has sponsored the Olympics and many football matches, since then the image of athletes and players drinking Coca-Cola has made consumers love this brand. Another reason why sugar-sweetened drinks are so successful is that people cannot resist the temptation of attractive taste. Sugar-based drinks contain addictive properties such as caffeine, etc. Therefore, it will give drinkers an instant energy boost and maintain the high concentration necessary for their work. Finally, people rely more on this kind of beverage, while it has no nutritious value and harms the body in reality.

I believe that this problem can be solved by several measures. Governments should limit advertisements about sugary drinks on TV and other platforms. Besides, the media should promote healthier beverages. For instance, low-calorie or diet beverages should be promoted and accompanied by healthy dietary guidelines and lifestyles. In addition, the government should take a tougher measure, which is a higher tax on sugary beverages. Hence, people will think twice before making a purchase decision.

In conclusion, various measures can be taken to tackle the problems that are related to sugar-sweetened drinks. Then, everyone's health and life will be improved.
You are not being asked if the subject posed is true or false. So it is not necessary for you to say the claim is true. That will not be counted towards the accuracy of the restatement and will be deducted from the presentation consideration instead. There is no score to be given for the task accuracy of the writer's opinion either since you did not respond to the questions provided but rather, just repeated the instructions for writing, which does not meet the clarity of opinion presentation guidelines. This paragraph will deliver a failing preliminary score for this essay.

caffeine, etc.

You need to list several addictive components before you can use "etc.". Additionally, you cannot use "etc." when writing a formal paper or academic response essay. So no, do not use that term again. End the sentence. Close it with a period.

There is a chance that this essay might still get a passing base score. The reasons are sound, the explanations are clear. The discussions are connected in the paragraphs for the most part, and the reader can understand your explanation despite the improper sentence structure in some parts of the presentation. Though you could use more sentence form varieties to help increase the GRA score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Sugar-based drinks are more popular in many countries. What is it caused by?