TED Summary: The next outbreak? We're not ready

kiev 8 / 14 1  
Bill Gates, in his TEDtalk, pointed out that virus infection will possibly cause millions of death instead of physical threat like nuclear weapon in the future. The problem is, there are far more investment on nuclear prevention but we are lack of system to prevent epidemic.

A particular example of lack of system was Ebola outbreak sometimes ago. Initially, there was no stand-by group of epidemiologists to examine spread of the disease and the absence of medical staff. Bill identified three reasons why ebola did not expand to a larger area, it was because the ultimately great job done by number of health workers, the virus does not spread thorough the air, and it was only concentrated in rural areas. However, he warned that there may be more and more threatening virus in the future that people should worry about.

Therefore, Bill proposed a solution to integrate all instruments into one global health system such as to take advance the use of technologies, mobile phones, and sciences. For example, he hope that new drugs and vaccines will be discovered by scientists. However, He doubt about how much the expense to carry out the initiatives, but he fairly convinced that the cost is very low compared to the potential harm caused by epidemic.
PHA2016 39 / 62 4  
Hello Kiev,

The problem is, there are farTHESE PROBLEM ARE more investment on nuclear ...

BillBILL GATES/GATES identified three (...) a larger area, it was because IT WAS the ultimately great (...), the virus doesDID not spread thorough ...

... health system such as to take advance the use of technologies, mobile phones, and WITHOUT COMMA sciences.

Hope these helps,
RAY93 35 / 186 136  
... like nuclear weapon CAN CAUSE in the future. The problem is, THAT there are far more (...) but we are STILL lack of system to prevent epidemic CASES .

A particular example of lack of systemTHIS was Ebola ...
Initially, there wasWERE no stand-by (...) to examine THE WIDE spread of the disease ..
... not expand to a larger area, [FULLSTOP] it was because the ultimately (...), and it was only concentrated in rural areas.

... such as to take advance OF the use of technologies,...
For example, he hopeS that new drugs and vaccines ...
However, He doubtED about how much the expense to ...
OVERALL, THIS IS A GOOD SUMMARY. GOOD LUCK

Home / Writing Feedback / TED Summary: The next outbreak? We're not ready