IELTS WRITING TASK 2 - TEACHERS' ROLE IN BEHAVIOUR OF STUDENTS

chloemarles 2 / 3 1  

TEACHERS' ROLE IN BEHAVIOUR OF STUDENTS

Topic: Some people think that teachers should be responsible for teaching students to judge right and wrong and to behave well. Some say that teachers should only teach students about academic subjects. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

There have been polarised notions regarding whether teachers should educate students to strive for ethical virtues such as differentiating good and wrong in addition to basic theoretical knowledge. Others uphold the opposite perception that teachers' only duty is imparting academic education for learners. Personally, I strongly believe that teachers should combine both ways to...

On the one hand, it is evident that the majority of teachers are paid with inadequate remuneration regardless of their great devotion to their career. This is also the contributory factor to why teachers avoid intervening in their students' personal problems apart from schoolwork. Furthermore, some people believe that moulding children's personality ought to be parents' responsibility instead of bystanders as teachers. For the reason that each individual varies, their personality traits have the likelihood to be overwhelmingly different to others. Educating properly for more than 30 separately-mental characteristics in one classroom definitely causes hurdles for teachers.

On the other hand, since students' mainly contribute their day-to-day time to school, which has been proven accounting to more than 6 hours, there is a little room for doubt that they have the utmost opportunity to be exposed to teachers. Likewise, teachers are presented with chances to embrace each student to shape individual behaviour patterns. Provided that students' acquire a competence of rules and absorb ethical principles, they can avoid being entangled with miscarriage of injustice, instead become a law-abiding citizen. It is indisputable that children's future is critically attributed to the proper personality training in their formative years. Therefore, forming precious manners in their early years could facilitate them to an impressive extent in manifold fields, for example, in work force and relationships as well.

In conclusion, when children and young people construct most of their knowledge of the world through social interactions, teachers are in an inevitable position to impart such knowledge to them. Teachers should be more hands-on when encountering the moral development of young students.
While your prompt restatement may be deemed acceptable, it will be receiving point deductions for your last sentence where you used ellipses to indicate unspoken thoughts. That punctuation mark is only used in creative writing to indicate wandering thoughts. It is never used in academic writing for any reason. If you are having wandering thoughts while writing an academic essay, then you have already failed the task.

A lack of thought and explanation clarity exists throughout the essay. You have not used the correct pronouns to indicate the explanation point of view at the time of the presentation. You must use third person pronouns when discussing the public opinion, and first person representation when you are trying to explain your point of view. Remember that this is a 3 point of view presentation wherein each opinion must be clearly identified. You will definitely lose points because of the lack of writing clarity.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2 - TEACHERS' ROLE IN BEHAVIOUR OF STUDENTS