Teaching children painting or other practical subjects is a good strategy. IELTS 2

ilankelo21 36 / 41 22  
It is pointless making children who lack artistic talent learn painting and drawing in Art classes at school. Instead, they should concentrate on other creative and practical subjects which they may have more aptitude. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people argue there is no beneficial value to teach children who are not talented to draw and paint in the school. Practical subject which they like is highly recommended instead. I tend to agree with this notion as this subject requires much more time and only makes children easily stress.

It is argued that teaching untalented children to learn painting or drawing in school needs longer time. This is because skills required in both of them cannot be grasped in short meeting like what is practiced in general schools and it demands all children attention and time instead. I personally experienced to send my untalented younger sisters in drawing school as her extracurricular activities. However, after 2 years learning basic technique, she does not show any significant improvement and her drawing quality does not satisfy to go in the upper level. This indicates that untalented children should not be forced to learn either painting or drawing as it will be useless.

Another reason is that this lesson only makes children get stress. This occurs since they do not have any desire to follow the class and if they are forced, it will create such uncomfortable feeling for them. A current study conducted in Illinois University uncovered when student involve in any subject based on their talent, achievement will come easily among them, while the converse will be shown if they are forced to engage in any subject they do not aptitude.

In conclusion, teaching untalented children on painting and drawing basically is good strategy. However I tend to agree that this should be eliminated in the school since this needs much time to study and only burden students psychologically. Where possible schools board needs to provide a several subjects according to student's willingness.
ichatea07 27 / 24 10  
I like your idea in illustrating the practical issues in society regarding to art world at school, but I think few refinements are still needed to open up chances to achieve higher score opportunities. I would like to help you correcting some mistakes here and give you some advises. Hopefully, these could help.

This is because skills, WHICH ARE required in both of them, cannot be grasped in short / QUICK meetingS like what is practiced in ...

I personally experienced toIN sendINGmy untalented younger sistersMY YOUNGER SISTER WHO IS BASICALLY INCAPABLE OF CREATING ADMIRABLE ARTWORKS in drawing school as her extracurricular activitiesY . However, after 2 years learning basic techniqueS , she does not show any significant improvementS and her drawing / CREATION quality does not satisfyIS LESS SUFFICIENT to goALLOW HER STEPPING UP TOin the upper level.

Home / Writing Feedback / Teaching children painting or other practical subjects is a good strategy. IELTS 2