Technology leads to the unavoidable shifting of the interactions between people - writing task 2

Anh Cao 1 / -  
Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.
In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships that people make?

Has this been a positive or negative development?

Nowadays, technology has triggered its surprisingly fast-paced development. That consequently leads to the unavoidable shifting of the interactions between people, which I believe contains both positive and negative effects.

First of all, in a positive area, the three significant representatives of the technological achievements - mobile phones, computers, and the internet have simplified our conversational and collaborative interactions. The relationships built from these types of interactions benefit, too.

In the social context, people are more active in enlarging their social network by seeing and making friends with those who share common interests with them via social media. Besides, the conversations between friends and family members are kept continuous and instant via mobile phone and internet, hence enhancing their bonds. It is the same in working context, face to face meeting is no longer as compulsory as it used to be for a group of colleagues running a project. Moreover, the defined goals are better reached through collaboration leveraging the advance of technology such as shared information systems. In the educational context, online teaching via the internet requires less direct interaction between teachers and students as they can learn from video recordings and other open sources.

On the other hand, to some degree, those we call "virtual interaction" may impair the ability to communicate in real life, especially the youngsters as some of them are isolating themselves on social media and avoid their actual lives. This discouraging real interactions habit is negatively affecting the social bond, in general. Once relationships are all maintained in that way, they will become seriously vulnerable.

In short, technology has revolutionized the interactions between people, yet it can't warrant total positive outcomes.
The writer has taken a wrong and failing score discussion approach.The writer cannot use a "safe" answer by agreeing with both sides. Both sides cannot be correct. The writer should take up the defense of only one side because the score is based upon how well the writer defends his supported side / opinion. There are no right or wong answers. Only a well- defended response based on 2 valid reasons. There was a failure on the writers part to fully understand the question and expected response format. This essay does not provide a clear response to the question so, there is no clear opinion presented. The presentation does not meet the writing guidelines based on the discussion question indicated in the original.

Home / Writing Feedback / Technology leads to the unavoidable shifting of the interactions between people - writing task 2