TEM AND SEM ANALYSIS IN TITANIUM DIOIXDE NANOTUBE AND GRAPHENE OXIDE COMPOSITE

miigky990903 1 / -  

TEM and SEM analysis

Fig. 1 illustrates the morphological properties of GO, TNT and GO/TNT through TEM and SEM analysis. As shown in Fig. 1(a) and (b), GO appeared with layer structure and each dimensional size about 2-4 micrometer. Fig. 1(c) and (e) indicate that TiO2 nanotubes were successfully fabricated with several hundred nanometers in length and 8 nm in diameter. In the GO/TNT composite, as shown in Fig. 1(d) and (f), the heterojunction between GO and TNT would be generated thanks to the chemical bonding including Ti-C or Ti-O-C. Hence, when irradiation arrived, the easier photoelectrons transferred from TNT to GO, the longer lifetime of excited carriers was prolonged. As a consequence, the photocatalytic performance for degradation of organic pollutants was enhanced [5, 6]. As mentioned in many previous works [7-9], the curling and scrolling process of TiO2 nanosheets during the hydrothermal treatment played a crucial role in the formation of TiO2 nanotubes. Additionally, when in situ composting TNT with GO, TiO2 and GO sheets have a tendency to aggregate and unequally disperse in water due to the hydrogen bond (H-bond) and van der Waals attraction [10, 11]. Therefore, on one hand, the TNT's length in GO/TNT composite was slightly reduced. On the other hand, the specific surface area of GO/TNT was also decreased, as shown in table 1.
It is more difficult to analyze this presentation for correct references and illustrative points because you did not include a copy of the image with the statement. At this point, I will just have to take your word for it and assume that your statements are based on accurate understandings of the illustrative images. You may way to separate these into figure paragraphs though to make it easier for the people to read and compare the content. As it is, the paper is difficult to follow.

What I do sense, is a sort of summarized presentation on your part. Rather than getting into the nitty gritty of the descriptive process, you are taking shortcuts in your presentation. Since I do not have a copy of the image to compare your writing to, I can only assume that you have reasons for doing this. However, just like with any instructional image, it is always best to thresh things out in the long form, rather than hoping that your short form is an accurate enough presentation of the original instructions and analysis.

Home / Writing Feedback / TEM AND SEM ANALYSIS IN TITANIUM DIOIXDE NANOTUBE AND GRAPHENE OXIDE COMPOSITE