The tendency of news reports in the media to focus more on problems and emergencies

Urmom123 1 / -  
There is a common opinion that rather than reporting positive improvements, the press has a tendency to posting negativity which has detrimental effects on people. Although, it may sound convincing that news surrounding issues are dangerous, I tend to believe that they also have the beneficial side.

On the one hand, the problems posed by pessimistic news are undeniably obvious. Researchers claim that bad or horrible news can affect people's psychological health which often leads to emotional split and crippling anxiety. For example, broadcasting a school shooting that happened and traumatized the survived students would definitely bring parents and children uneasiness which implies the fear and the concern for their safety.

On the other hand, we can ignore the benefits of reporting alarming problems. To start with, people will take action to prevent or address such issues as they now have the knowledge from the media that brings up negative news which aims to inform people about ways to avoid the recurrence. Therefore, the chance of facing with a fire, a storm or any other kinds of horrible news are reduced significantly. Additionally, sympathy from audience can be earned by focusing on issues and emergencies as it is necessary for those involved in the problems to gain the generous people's attention and help. Hence, the damage caused can be successfully dealt with.

In conclusion, from my perspective, irrespective of the danger of reporting only the downsides of society, eventually it has merits in individual and social ways

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15153 4857  
Unfortunately, your essay does not meet the minimum word requirement. So you will not manage to get a passing score for this essay. The word percentage deductions that will be applied to the preliminary TA score will be difficult to overcome. Essays that do not meet the minimum requirement often end up failing because the word deductions, when added to the accumulated deductions for other scoring sections always results in a failing overall score. The main problem that led to this situation was the concluding paragraph. It did not meet the 2 sentence, 40 word requirement for a passing concluding summary paragraph. Had you extended that paragraph to include a proper reverse paraphrase, you actually had a chance of receiving a passing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / The tendency of news reports in the media to focus more on problems and emergencies
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: