TOEFL; I think teachers shouldn't share their personal views with students!

tenghover 1 / -  
TPO22
Do you agree or disagree that teachers should make their social or political views known to students in the classroom.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

In my opinion, I totally agree that teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom. Reasons to explain my choice are follows.

To start with, the main job of teachers is teach students knowledge of education in order to make sure that students have enough wisdom and professional skills to face and solve problems and challenges after graduating from school. Moreover, It will waste too much students' time on topics which are not relative with students. Besides, the teacher's social or political views are very personal. Everyone has his own perspective and aspects then everyone has different views. Students cannot get any useful information from those personal thinking since it varied person by person. Thus, I think teachers should focus on their real jobs not on other things.

Next, if teachers talk about their personal views in class, It may have some arguments happened among students. If students have the same views with teachers', they will agree what teachers say. However, if not, students will argue for that. Usually, as people have different thinking and views about political, they will have extreme argument. For my personal instance, when I was in high school, my classmates often have argument on social events, especially on political events in history class my teacher always gave his personal points. My classmates divided into two parts and gave their voice. In that way, our atmosphere is always bad in the class. It really affected our learning performance.

In my conclusion, I do not think it is proper that teachers give their social or political views in classroom. It will not have good result on students and cannot give students useful knowledge. Thus, I think teachers all need to do is teach students right knowledge of education not on personal thinking.

Please help me to edit my poor lecture.
Thank you very much!!

... Well .... your introduction needs a little bit of improvement. First introduce the topic and then state your opinion. For example;
Some teachers openly express their social or political views to their students during their teaching sessions in the classroom. In my view, I believe this is not a healthy practice for several reasons;

To start with, the main job of teachersa teacher is to teach students knowledge of educationthe curriculum in order to make sure that students have enough wisdomknowledgeand professional skills to face and solve problems and challenges after graduating from school.

Face and solve problems and challenges after graduating from school? I think this is beyond a teachers main responsibility... I guess the primary responsibility is to teach the theory and practical lessons in order to get students pass their exams. However, a teacher can give much more to students than their primary responsibility
ryoga 2 / 5  
"Usually, as people have different thinking and views about political, they will have extreme argument."

Usually, as people have different thoughts and views about political, they will have an extreme argument.
or
Usually, as people have different thoughts and views about political, they will have a heated debate .

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL; I think teachers shouldn't share their personal views with students!