Topic: Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of working from home.

senseofhumour 2 / 2 1  

home working consequences

With the introduction of the international technology (IT)industry, home working has gradually become more popular among people. It brings about tremendous benefits for humans but also has some unavoidable disadvantages. In this essay, I'll go into detail about the pros and cons of working from home and draw some conclusions.

I will start with the advantages first. One of the major plus points of working remotely is reducing inconvenience and risks when commuting from home to work. Traveling to the workplace and especially a faraway one tends to cause some unwanted outcomes for all of our workforces. Traffic jams or accidents can happen suddenly in rush-hour and take away their life. Besides, going back and forth for work is completely time-consuming, people should have spent that time on their hobbies or their interest rather than boring journeys to work. Moreover, allowing employees to work remotely also make their employers get on well with them more easily By being allowed to work alone without any supervision, employees will be more comfortable with their work and feel a sense of trust from their employers. Consequently, relationships in that company will improve and all the staff can also develop their team-working skill.

On the other hand, working from home still causes distractions for staff. Although home working removes the distractions that may occur in the office if a worker doesn't have a suitably quiet dedicated working space at home they may get easily distracted by household noises or other members of their household. Consequently, staff might have to spend more time on their work and their work-life balance can be disturbed seriously. Moreover, home working may make people lose their discipline, without supervisors staff might tend to get into bad habits or postpone their works which will lead to their recession in their careers.

In conclusion, while the benefits of working from home make it seems like a good choice, I still believe that it just take effect in some cases
Do not add instructions to the writing of the essay. The prompt only asks you to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the essay. You are not being asked to make any conclusions. Adding conclusions where none are needed or instructed means you are not following the original instructions accurately. You should only write the essay within the given discussion requirements. Adding to the instructions will result in percentage deductions in your final score.

There is also the problem of you over writing in your essay. You should make sure that your work does not cover more than 290 words. That way you avoid forced errors on your part. Your explanations are very long, but not clear. So the cohesiveness and coherence of your paragraph presentations are affected. You are trying to focus on the reasons, but not the explanations. You must target a clear explanation based on a single reason per paragraph to get the best possible score in this part. One advantage and one disadvantage, clearly explained using a believable example always helps in this scoring section.

The conclusion is lacking the important summary of the previous discussion. You have to write at least 2 sentences composed of 40 words, at the very least to meet the concluding statement requirements. This essay is not well developed. It is a good start. You have shown that you know how to write in the long form. Now, work on convincing the examiner that you can write even better in the short form.

Home / Writing Feedback / Topic: Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of working from home.