Some universities now offer their courses on the Internet so that people can study online.

Louis Tran 1 / -  
It is said that some higher educational institutions provide virtual courses so students can study remotely. Despite some advantages of this trend, in my opinion, the drawbacks surpass the benefits.

Studying from the comfort of students' homes is advantageous to some extent. To commence, acquiring knowledge through internet-based courses provides students flexibility and convenience. Online courses are available anytime and anywhere, so students can schedule their studies around other responsibilities. Next, online studies also help working adults or single moms access quality education without going to school. This is crucial since they have an inadequate amount of time and an unbalanced lifestyle between work and study. Therefore, it is easier for people, especially women who are busy taking care of their offspring, to set the time to study online when they are available.

However, I firmly believe that the drawbacks of online learning are far more significant. One clear disadvantage is that students can be distracted from learning. The reason is that children study in their own homes without close supervision from their teachers. One of the salient illustrations of this situation is that notifications from mobile phones or noises from construction sites nearby may draw people's attention. As a result, they may miss some central points of their lessons. Additionally, when studying online, students have little interaction with people like their classmates and lecturers. Through virtual courses, they cannot engage themselves in in-person conversations. This can be seen in myriad instances when children are assigned group presentations or seminars that require working in a team, and they may find it harder to complete them. Furthermore, it can be more challenging for students who study subjects that need interaction and collaboration. The accumulated evidence has reasoned that children may get lower academic results if they pursue online learning for a long time.

In conclusion, despite some benefits of studying remotely for learners, I firmly believe that the downsides of this problem are even higher.
You cannot use a comparison paragraph for your reasoning presentation. That is because the writing guide asks you to defend a single opinion in the presentation. Is it a positive or negative development? Why? That is the straightforward opinion and explanation you should give. Utilize the 2 reasoning paragraphs for that specific purpose. Do not veer away from your original opinion. You will be scored down for contradicting your own opinion. It will result in a confused discussion that will affect your C+C, GRA and TA score. The TA score is based on your clear opinion while the C+C and GRA scores are based on the clarity of your defense and avoidance of confusion in your discussion presentation. 3 deductions in major scoring sections may result in a failing score.
caohuyen93 4 / 8 1  
I think you are trying to write in Simon's way. That said, your topic sentences need to be clearer and the supporting ideas should be more specific.
snackara 3 / 4 1  
Since this is a single opinion essay, you should concentrate on your opinion. You can consider other sides' arguments, but you should provides reasons which rebutting other sides' arguments to contribute to your opinion. For example: Participating in online courses is equivalent to spending time on electronic devices, which will harm students.

Thanks for reading my feedback.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some universities now offer their courses on the Internet so that people can study online.