Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Universities should teach students about their chosen degree subject

amanda guo 5 / 8  
I will appreciate your advices. thank u in advance!

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Colleges or universities should offer more courses to prepare students for the future before they start working

As we all know, the job marking is filled of competition, and every graduates want get a perfect job. Therefore how can they stand out from thousands of people? Therefore, I wholeheartedly agree with the universities and colleges should provide more courses to prepare students for the future before they start working. And my arguments for this point of view are listed as follows.

To begin with, students cannot know clearly from a small number of courses offered by school what career they want to work on. Universities or colleges just require their students to have learning ability and high grade-point average. However, most schools ignore their students' career planning and the practical skills. The latest surveys show that quite a few students have no idea after graduate what job is best suited for them. My friend Natalia, for example, before she goes to college she does not know what job does she wants to get. She has no clear plan for the future, and her college has not to provide more courses about making career choices. As a result, she wastes four years to learn the knowledge which she has no interests, and cannot find an ideal job after graduate.

In addition, because of more courses, students can learn more knowledge and skills. The current highly competitive society, employer would like to hire the employees who have more skills and knowledge. Another friend Mandy, she major is English and also likes math and computer. After English classes she often studies some useful courses from the school offered, such as programming, office software, and office etiquettes. She thinks these courses are very practical and interesting, and can be used in the future. As the old Chinese saying that skill is not burden. The job seekers like the sand of the beach, and how can they let the employer find them? They should know the employers' needs and have more skills. So universities and colleges should provide more courses to students.

Therefore, Universities courses should not only prepare students by teaching them about their chosen degree subject, but also prepare them in other important areas such as making career choices, job applications and other they might need in the workplace.

Home / Writing Feedback / Universities should teach students about their chosen degree subject