Writing Task 2 - some university students should only study one specialist subject

AinunAlfatih 15 / 14 8  
Question:

Some university students should only study one specialist subject, while others think the universities should encourage the students to study a series of subjects in addition to the one subject. Give your opinion.

Answer:

Over recent years specialist subject at university is becoming debatable issue in higher education ministry. Some people believe that universities should make a regulation which student only study one specialist subject, whereas others argue that it is better if students study various subjects so as to add their knowledge. Even though many opinion about both sides, I would argue that if student learn one specific subject, it will create an expert student in their discipline, but it must be supported by basic knowledge of some subjects which is linear with it.

...
jricha 2 / 11 1  
overall content is good, but the grammatical errors are extremely distracting
is becoming ^a debatable

even though many opinions about both sides doesn't make sense

should be if a student learnS one specific subject
believe that it will make studentS
and other issues as well

watch your subject verb agreement
Answer:

Over recent years specialist subject at university is becoming debatable issue in higher education ministry. Some people believe that universities should make a regulation which student only study one specialist(SPECIAL) subject, whereas others argue that it is better if students study various subjects so as to add (TO) their knowledge. Even though (THERE ARE)many opinion about both sides, I would argue that if student learn one specific subject, it will create an expert student in their discipline, but it must be supported by basic knowledge of some subjects which is linear with it.

With regard to the various subjects'(SUBJECT) method, numerous people believe that it will make (A) student more easily(EASY) to choose their job in the future because they have multiple discipline. Take Indonesia as an example, various subjects'(SUBJECT) regulation was applied in Indonesia over recent decades and never (be-DELETE) changed by the other system. This regulation creates graduate(S) with multiple skills because they learn more than one subject, and it means they have more possibilities to be accepted in a company because numerous companies and employers looking for applicants or employees who have multiple discipline to solve various problem in the job world. Consequently, many people tend to support this regulation to be still applied at universities.

However, studying one (specialist - DELETE AND REPLACE WITH "major") subject will produce an expert graduate because student only focus on one discipline. Study shows that in order to improve quality of human resources, natural resources and economic, a country is (needed - IN NEED OF) many people who are expert in one subject as (if - TO) people expert in one subject, they have big possibilities to make a great invention in their discipline. This is why this regulation is needed in higher education system like in university to create high-quality graduate who (ARE) expert in their discipline.

Based on these point of view, I would argue that creating human resource who is expert is better than producing people who study series of subject but they do not have a deep understanding about it. It is because if they do not have significant understanding about particular subject, they will become a low-quality graduate which only know about basic knowledge of some subject and do not have enough experience to improve their skills. As a result, they won't give a significant improvement to their society.

To conclude, despite the possibilities to be accepted in a company, university students should only study one specialist subject to create expert graduates which have a deep understanding in particular discipline. It is imperative that to support this regulation, additional subject which linear with its discipline is needed to add so as to give student additional knowledge.

@ AinunAlfatih

Hey Ainun, with this article, your message surely came across, just proof read before submitting so you can still polish it a little bit.

Cheers!!!

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing Task 2 - some university students should only study one specialist subject