IELTS- How should the value of a person be evaluated?

thuongph170292 1 / -  
A person's worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honours, kind, and trust, no longer seem important.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

MY ESSAY:
It seem to be true that the value of each person is evaluated by their social position and their wealth. Some traditional standards such as honor, credibility, and kindness are unlikely to be essential. I totally disagree with the latter opinion.

Material ownership and social status are the two most visible benchmarks for judging a person's worth. It is because people nowadays emphasize increasingly on terminal value which means final result. Thus, if one puts more effort to successfully accomplish their own ends, they will be awarded by higher promotion as well as compensation. For instance, a sales person tries hard to achieve his targets and keep this prominent, he surely gets promotion and has his salary raised.

On the other hand, traditional values such as trust, respect, and kind are still completely crucial to every aspect of our daily lives. Firstly, without respect people will become ruder in daily conversations. As a result, our communication will be destroyed and the community turns out being isolated. Secondly, relationships, particularly in business, will no longer exist if there is no trust among each partner. Consequently, they will lose numerous of customers, which causes their business to go down. Finally, people become increasingly assertive and competitive when they are not caring the others. Instead, they try to compete others for their exploit ends. It is not surprising that wars might occur.

In conclusion, it is undeniable to share the view that a person's worth is based on their possession and status. However, it does not necessary to lower the importance of our traditional values. I personally perceive that these old-fashioned should be taken into account when we judge someone' worth because a person who has everything but these values is useless.
JasS 10 / 30  
It seems to...
First, I have an admin request. You need to have a more meaningful topic in the Subject field when you open a new thread. It is a forum rule and this title was attended by us. Hope you start doing that with your next thread :D

Some traditional standards such as honor, credibility, and kindness are unlikely to be essential.

You should have spent a little more time and effort in describing this idea because it is the background of the issue and it is of core importance in your intro :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS- How should the value of a person be evaluated?