Vertical and horizontal cities evaluation

Helen Neleh 2 / 6 2  

the variety of cities types

Thank you so much for your kindness.

Topic: Some people believe that it is better to live and work in vertical cities. Others, however, think that horizontal cities are better for living and working.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion

The essay:
In recent years, the growth of population leads to the variety of city types of which there are 2 main popular kinds: vertical and horizontal cities. Some people opine that living in vertical buildings is the best choice while others prefer to live in horizontal ones. I will examine about 2 points of views and share my opinion as follows.

On the one side, horizontal cities often provide us more space for our hobbies like gardening and swimming. Most of houses have a garden where people can plants some fruits, trees, and even flowers to decorate their houses and please themselves. Some big houses have a pool where people can chill in. They are good for their mental health. Moreover living in horizontal houses gives us the chance to escape faster in some emergency situations like fire or earthquake. The citizens also find it is easier to do what they want like gathering and having BBQ, singing karaoke loudly and even raising a dog which is not allowed in apartments.

On the other hand, it's great to live in high buildings as well. Although they have to pay for some fees but it is safer to live there with cameras for monitoring people and modern protecting systems. Everyone needs permissions or cards when they want to access the house so the rate of meeting perverts or bad strangers is really minimum. Furthermore, there are usually some restaurants, malls and other convenient services inside the building, therefore they don't need to travel too far to reach them. Besides, the price of each flat is often reasonable and people often serve some good promotions. For an instance, some agencies allow people pay for the house within 10 - 15 years. It's very suitable for small families with medium salary

In conclusion, depending on individuals, both horizontal and vertical cities are good to live and work. I love pets and spacious areas so horizontal cities seem meet my pursuits and hobbies.
jocelyne001 9 / 21 13  
Hello~

Your first paragraph has greatly dragged the main idea and is easy to read.

However, personally speaking, in the second paragraph, it seems that your first ( hobbies ) and third arguments ( gathering and karaoke ) are similar and can be combined together into one.

Also, the logic between sentences is not quite clear. Maybe you can use more conjunctions or make a shift in your sentences ( inversion ), so readers can easily understand the connection of your statement. Actually, you don't have this problem in third paragraph. It is organised in a good manner. Maybe you can check it again.

Finally, in the last paragraph, I think it's better to say so it seems that...

Hope my suggestions are helpful for you~
OP Helen Neleh 2 / 6 2  
@jocelyne001
Thanks so much for your nice comments. I'll fix it <3 hope you have a nice day

Home / Writing Feedback / Vertical and horizontal cities evaluation