Which way a cargo were delivered in UK in the 28 years timeframe?

ifraanisa05 44 / 70 6  
The graph above shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.

The line graph gives the information about how much goods distributed by various types of transportation in the UK between 1974 and 2002. Overall, it can be seen that most of all kinds of transportation fluctuated but pipeline was an upward trend. Road is the most popular mode of transport among others.

In 1974, about 70 million tonnes of goods distributed by road and over the 28 years still the highest amount of goods were delivered which reached a peak at under 100. In contrast, transportation with the pipeline is the lowest among others. Started from under 10 in the first year and ended at above 20 in 2002.

Rail and water had the same starting point in delivering goods at above 40 million tonnes. From 1982 to 1994, transportation by water stabled at around 60 while rail fluctuated and bottomed at above 20 in 1994. In 2002, distribution of water is higher than rail about 65 and 40

• line graph
Anna94 47 / 56 3  
Hello,

... how much goods [were ] distributed by various ...
... tonnes of goods [were ] distributed by road ...
... transportation with the pipeline is [was ] the lowest among others.

stabled [was stable ] at around 60 while ...
In 2002, distribution of wateris [was ] higher than ...

Gluck
badafebriani17 34 / 44 1  
Hello ifraanisa
this is my suggestion, i hope it will be useful for you.

According to the graph, In 1974, about 70 million tonnes of goods distributed ...

it started from under 10 ...
... delivering goods at above 40 million tonnes.
to avoid repetition, you can mention the unit of measurement in your introduction
e.g. the unit of data is measured in million tonnes.
Pramudia27 34 / 55 2  
... about how much goods were distributed by various ...

In 1974, about 70 million tonnesof goods WERE distributed by road[should passive voice==> tobe + v3] and over the 28 years still ...
... with the pipeline iswas [prevously, you mention it in past, but you write it in present the lowest among others.

... is higher than rail about 65 and 40[unit? ==> it is quite ambiguityrespectively

suggestion
you should mention unit (million tonnes) in introduction to avoid repetition and ambiguity
yurikeyuri 43 / 61 2  
Hello Iffa, let me give you some correction for your writing

In 1974, about 70 million tonnestons "the plural of ton is tons, not tonnes" of goods distributed by road

... at above 40 million tonnes. tons "the plural of ton is tons, not tonnes" .

I recommend you must explain the stabil state in the figures of four different modes of transport. It can resulting many words for this writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Which way a cargo were delivered in UK in the 28 years timeframe?