(Write Task 2) Economic growth is ending world poverty and hunger or damaging environment.

Thang Nguyen 1 / -  
Please helps me to check this essay! thanks in advance.

IELTS Writing Task 2:
Some people say that economic growth is the only way to end world poverty and hunger. Others say that economic growth is damaging the environment and should stop.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

One of the growing trends that have gained popularity worldwide is economic development due to its apparent human and social benefits. Although it ensures that the country is out of starvation and poverty in society, others claim that this would have detrimental effects on the environment and should not be perpetuated.

On the one hand, solid economic progress is an optimal way for tackling hunger and poverty. First, the government has enough national budgets to allocate food security and raise living standards, requiring more resources from authorities. In fact, the government increases the national output by collecting more taxes through incentive policies to grow the business to maximise profits. Second, economic prosperity also contributes to significantly reducing the unemployment rate, thus creating more employment opportunities. This means that people make income to afford the basic needs of living things by their abilities.

On the other hand, environmental degradation can arise from investing in the economy. First, factories pollute the air by releasing gas emissions into the atmosphere, or sewage is being discharged into rivers, lakes. If enterprises show concerns for environmental consequences, they would be willing to invest in environmentally friendly technology in order to maximise environmental consequences. Second, the ignorance of the government on allowing enormous projects regardless of ensuring the environment since its benefits, which provide more jobs and pay more taxes for local authorities. The asking of strict regulations to suitable environments acts as a deterrent for attracting the projects or getting development target quickly.

In conclusion, although economic growth is vital to some, protecting the environment is crucial for most. Depending on the conditions and abilities, countries should be able to find their best mix.
The writer has used a general discussion format to discuss both public opinions. Not once did he offer a personal opinion from a personal point of new. 2 out of 3 discussion requirements were met.The essay is not fully developed. Scoring will be based on the half completed presentation. It may not be enough of an effort to ment a passing score. The writer needs to understand that this type of essay requires a 3 paragraph discussion, even if based on general opinions.The personal point of new needs to stand out and seen as in support of one of the 2 opinions or, a totally different opinion of his own making.

Home / Writing Feedback / (Write Task 2) Economic growth is ending world poverty and hunger or damaging environment.