[WRTING TASK 2] Some people think it is more beneficial to take part in team sports than solo sport

Vivian Slay 1 / -  

Team vs Individual Sport

Opinions differ on whether team sports have more merits than solo sports. I am of the opinion that they are of equal benefit.

On the one hand, team sports can bring about several positive implications, two of which are development of interpersonal skills and opportunity to creat strong relationships. Regarding the former, if people want to win a victory in a team sport game, they have to understand how to support, encourage each other and also resolve conflicts, which would help them to enhance teamwork and communication skills. An illustration for this is that football players are taught to acknowledge how each individual in their teams plays in order to find a suitable arrangement within a match. Another point worth mentioning is that when individuals take part in sports which are played in teams, they would meet friends who share the same interest and are willing to help them overcome difficulty in playing sport. As a result, spending a long period of time with such supportive and cooperative teammates would strengthen friends' bonds.

Alongside this, individual sports can also be advantageous as they offer players a sense of independence and lessen pressure in playing sport. Looking at the first benefit, people participating in this kind of sport only have themselves to rely on; therefore, individuals would need to develop a strong mind to be able to deal with and overcome any setbacks they may face. This would result in the individuals' sense of ownership and responsibility. Concerning the latter, in individual sport, participants would gain more fun and fulfillment than stress during the training process. This is due to the fact that not only do athletes have the ability to learn at their own pace, but they also donnot have to keep up with other teammates.

In conclusion, all sports provide people with great benefits in terms of personal and interpersonal skills. As such, I believe that the advantages of these two types of sport are in equal measure.
Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15055 4834  
Opinions differ

When completing the prompt restatement, you cannot take short cuts like you did in this paragraph. The examiner will expect to read and grade your skills when it comes to interpreting the original topic for discussion. That means, each public opinion must be properly interpreted in the first paragraph prior to giving your personal opinion. Failure to do so will result in a partially scored paragraph. Points will be lost of unreferenced, but required sections.

The overall essay comes only from the personal opinion of the writer. A writing approach that is incorrect for this prompt since it instructs the writer to consider the validity of the public views before forming his own opinion. The lack of 3rd person group references in the paragraphs will result in a lower GRA and TA score. The comparative paragraph presentation should be used in this type of discussion. Comparing the public opinion, using proper pronouns with the writer's personal opinion, in the same paragraph will create a cohesive discussion and allow for a higher C+C score.
myieltsw2sucks 1 / 1  
+ Opinions differ on ... I am of the opinion ... -> Ever since the emergence of sports, there have been arguments on whether playing in teams or individually is more beneficial. Personally, I am of the opinion that they each have their own set of merits.

+ individuals -> people
+ On the other hand, individual sports can (...) pressure when performing. In contrast to team sports, people participating in solo (...) to rely on. Therefore, individuals would need to develop a pertinacious mentality to be able to (...) may face, instilling in them courage and perseverance.

+ Concerning the latter -> Additionally
+ also donnot have -> are also not under the obligation

some of these are only suggestions and are not obligatory, but I just think they would sound more formal

Home / Writing Feedback / [WRTING TASK 2] Some people think it is more beneficial to take part in team sports than solo sport