[IELTS WTITING 1] the percentage of sea food imports from three countries to the UK

writea 1 / -  
Please correct my writing. Thank you so much!

the data on imported seafood

The charts and table paint an overall picture of the value of seafood imported to the UK and the percentages of the imports from three countries over a twenty-year period.

Overall, while Polish imports dramatically diminished from 1987 to 2007, the importation of seafood from Germany and Sweden sharply increased. Also, imports to the UK nearly doubled in those 20 years.

Whereas imports from Poland in 1987 were nearly double the combined imports from Germany and Sweden, they had dwindled to 30% of the total by 2007. Conversely, German seafood imports increased four-fold by 1997, although after that, the rise over the next ten years was minimal. Similarly, the tonnage of seafood coming from Sweden into the UK increased substantially from 28% in 1987 to 43% in 2007.

In terms of the value of seafood imports, it climbed from $7.4 million in 1987 to nearly double in 2007.

The essay appears to be 2 words short of the 150 minimum presentation. So there will be word count percentage deductions for the missing words. Yes, it is going to be a minimal deduction but, still a deduction which should be avoided as much as possible. Make sure that the minimum count will be met. What I suggest that the students do during the practive test is to make sure that they write 5 lines of words / sentences. That way there will not be a need to keep track of the word count. Learning to judge the word count by visual presentation will help a lot towards avoiding the word count deductions.

Images always contain highlightable information that need to be presented in the summary paragraph. In this instance, the incomplete summary overview was the reason why the word count minimum was not met. The listing of required information was lacking in the paragraph. This is necessary for the proper short report form requirement for the task.

The additional problem point for this essay is the last paragraph that does not contain completely developed information. It is unacceptable in this essay to present only a single sentence. That does not qualify as a complete paragraph. A complete paragraph in the task 1 and 2 essay should always be composed of 3-5 sentences.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS WTITING 1] the percentage of sea food imports from three countries to the UK