Writing task 1 Ielts: young people's expectations for change in five different areas

akane 1 / -  

young people's expectations for change

(The chart below shows the results of a European survey into young people's expectations for change in five different areas of life in the next 20 years. They were asked if they thought things would improve or get worse.)

The statistics demonstrate how teenagers living in Europe replied to the answers to show did they agreed or not with the expectations for change in five distinct categories of life in the following two decades.

Looking from an overall perspective, it is readily apparent that people the majority show their positive toward interpersonal communication while quality of air in urban was the most pessimistic.

Regarding the chart, communication between people was thought to be better in the future, which had 54% agreement, in contrast to 46% having the opposite view. On the contrary, the quality of food would have an adverse shift in the next 20 years. Its percentage of negative expectations slightly overweighed with other thoughts, at 51% versus 49%. The quality of food also had the same expectations. The percentage of young people's agreement accounted for 40% which was 20% lower than the opposite side.

The pattern was fairly similar for the quality of air in the city. Only 23% of people believed that the air would be enhanced. Having the same view, 42% of people answered with optimistic views about health.

• (The chart below shows the results of a European survey into young people's expectations for change
The statistics demonstrate

Yes, statistics were provided in the image. However, you need to identify the type of image before you can refer to the statistics. The image identifier is more important in this task because it is used to indicate how the statistics or measurements are presented to the reader. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete score for your summary overview paragraph. You ahould be more familiar with the requirements of the first paragraph in a task 1 essay.

Separate the information reference per paragraph. The food reference should have been done in another set since it is not related at all to the previous discussion point. You did not properly transition that paragraph from one topic to the next.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 1 Ielts: young people's expectations for change in five different areas