"Young people should do just what they like". To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Us Leo8219 1 / -  

giving kids the whole autonomy

In modern society, parents are becoming more and more accommodating and give their children the freedom to do whatever they want. They loosely impose their children on following set of regulations. This essay will argue that it is an unwise method to raise children by giving them the whole autonomy

When it comes to giving children the whole freedom, it brings about a great deal of disadvantages. To illustrate, in term of choosing place to hang out with friends or the kind of food that they consume, this is actually not a good method to raise children. Due to the fact that the spots on which young people want to hold an entertainment might be full of danger, for instance many innocent children tend to play on the street and put themselves on the edge of risky accidents. In addition, parents ought to put some set of restrictions on their children when choosing food to eat in order to make sure that children consume enough nutrients and grow well.

The next adverse effect when young young people have the whole autonomy is lower grades and unbearable behaviours. Because of the indifference and the laziness to study, young people have no aspiration for education as they did in the last century. Consequently, they will end up with poor grades. Parents must spend more time caring for their children's study for the sake of them in future. Apart from disciplines on study, aldults also need to set some regulations on their children's demeanours. In recent years, young people tend to behave unacceptably, they have no respect for others. Adults have to regulate those behaviours by some restrictions in order to keep them grounded, help them pay more respects to others and become a better citizen

In conclusion, adults ought to set rules and boundaries on children's autonomy. The young should not be autonomous to everything in order to make sure for their sufficient growing as long as their study. On the other hand, if adults impose basic levels of disciplines on their children, they tend to end up with poor behaviours and unsuccessfulness in future.
It appears to me that you did not accurately restate the original topic and its supporting reasons. It does not make sense to say that parents are accommodating their children but then also claim that they are loosely imposing regulations on their children. Kindly remember that you need to post the original prompt along with your essay so that the people here can give you proper and relevant advise. As of now, your restatement does not make sense and the examiner will score you partly based on that along with a failing score for not discussing the essay in the appropriate format. You are being asked to respond to an extent single opinion essay. You responded to the prompt by instead arguing that the method of raising the children is unwise. Compare the two to see your error with full clarity:

OT: "Young people should do just what they like". To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Response: This essay will argue that it is an unwise method to raise children by giving them the whole autonomy

An extent response was required in the form of:

I completely disagree with this opinion based on two specific reasons. First... Second...

Due to the lack of proper discussion information, I cannot review your essay beyond this point. There is no original prompt for me to refer to with regards to the content, discussion process, and other requirements. I can only refer to the previously mentioned problems and errors based only on the incomplete title you used for this thread. It will not be right for me to hazard any guesses regarding your writing and content because I am not sure if the advice I will be giving will be correct or relevant to your current presentation. Kindly remember to provide a copy of the original prompt next time. Thanks.

Home / Writing Feedback / "Young people should do just what they like". To what extent do you agree or disagree?